This is a Dogsledding activity in Mont Tremblant that you won’t forget !
You will be introduced to your team and learn their names. A safety briefing and demonstration will prepare you to drive the sled. Then we head out to the trails. The terrain is varied with hills and valleys and you’ll need to help the dogs up the hills and manage the team on the down hills and narrow forest trails. We will be on the trail for approximately 55 minutes.
Our guides will decide positions on the sleds. If you have a particular position request please make it known to our guide when you arrive. There will be one driver and one or two passengers per sled. Adults will usually, but not always, drive their own dog sled with an adult passenger. Passengers and drivers can switch places half way through the excursion. Children may be required to ride as passengers on the guides’ sleds or ride on parents sled.
At the halfway point, we have a 5 minute stop and have a chance to take pictures, and the driver and passenger may change places.
After the ride, you’ll be invited into our yurt to enjoy hot chocolate or coffee and cookies. A yurt is a large and comfortable heated Mongolian-style tent. Learn about the world of dog sledding, visit our kennel and maybe even hold some puppies (when possible).
Safety, ethics, and animal health information for our operation: Read about our operating standards and Code of ethics.
We offer several dog sledding activities in the area, see our Dogsled Comparison Table.
Know before you book:
- OUR DOG SLEDDING FILLS UP WEEKS IN ADVANCE FOR HOLIDAY WEEKS (Christmas, President’s Week, School Breaks) AND WEEKENDS. MAKE SURE TO RESERVE EARLY.
- No minimum age.
- Children 3 to 7 years old will always ride with a guide.
- Children 8 to 11 will ride in an sled with an adult driver (upon discretion of the guide).
- Minimum 16 years to drive.
- Under 2 years will sit with a parent on a guides sled.
- No expectant mothers.
- The mountain adventure is the most physical of all our dog sledding options.
Know before you go:
- Please dress appropriately for dogsledding. Ask if you are unsure or see our What to wear section.
Additional information :
- Our base is 45 minutes from the Tremblant resort. Approximately a 1h30 drive from Montreal and 3 hours from Ottawa.
- Duration: Approx. 55 minutes on the trails, 5 minute stop to change drivers.
- Get 1 participant free for 10 participants. Please call The Activity Centre directly for group inquiries.
- Please note: This activity is available only from December 17 to January 8 and February 18 to March 19.
- This activity requires some physical exertion. Occasionally, drivers need to run alongside the sled to help the dogs.
- Dog sledding is a sport. Participants will be active during the ride.
- For guests who choose to reserve in advance (recommended), directions to meeting points will be provided in your reservation by email. Otherwise, directions will be handed to you when you reserve at The Activity Centre.
- Prices do not include taxes or mandatory resort royalty of 3% and may be subject to change without notice.