When Should I reserve?
A day in advance is sufficient. Even the day of the activity we often have availability.
Is the river calm?
Yes. There are no rapids on the river.
Can I do this self-guided activity if it is my first time canoeing ?
We don’t recommend canoeing if you have not paddled a canoe before. Canoes require a bit of technique to maneouvre. Rent kayaks instead.
What is the difference between this and the Diable River self trip in the National Park?
- The river is wider with more sun.
- This is not a wilderness setting, so less chances to see wildlife. You will pass chalets and farms.
- The Rouge River has more beaches.
- The Rouge River has fewer bugs
- The Rouge River is closer from Tremblant resort.
There are several canot/ kayak / paddleboard activities offered in the area, see our comparison table.