On our Nordic adventure Tremblant dogsledding activity, you will greet our team in our yurt for the safety briefing before heading out to meet your team of eager sled dogs. Our guides will decide positions on the sleds (if you have a particular position request please make it known to our guide when you arrive). There will be one driver and one or two passengers per sled. Adults will usually, but not always, drive their own dog sled with an adult passenger. Passengers and drivers can switch places half way through the excursion. Children may be required to ride as passengers on the guides’ sleds or ride on parents sled.
When everyone is ready, you’ll take off at top speed, riding over wide open fields before heading into more wooded and winding, hilly terrain. The ride offers a bit of a physical and technical challenge, but is still good for beginners. At the end of the activity, you’ll have the chance to thank your team and give the dogs treats. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served! You will have the chance to chat with the guides about the world of dog sledding.
Upgrade for a private VIP tour
Our Nordic Private tour lets you live a VIP dog sledding experience. This tour is for groups of 2 to 6 people and is approximately 1 hour.
You will arrive just before 12:00, and start with a hot soup, bread, beer or wine in our warm yurt. After lunch, you will get ready for you tour with a short security briefing before heading out to meet your eager team of dogs. When everyone is in place, you will take off with dogs pulling at top speed! You will ride over wooded and winding, hilly terrain with wide open fields and near frozen lakes. It offers a bit of a physical and technical challenge, but still good for beginners. At the end of your adventure you will return to our heated yurt for hot chocolate.
You can also choose to take a snowshoe hike on the beautiful wooded trails on the property before or after the activity. Equipment is included.
Safety, ethics, and animal health information for our operation: Read about our operating standards and Code of ethics.
Know before you book:
OUR DOG SLEDDING FILLS UP WEEKS IN ADVANCE FOR HOLIDAY WEEKS (Christmas, President’s Week, School Breaks) AND WEEKENDS. MAKE SURE TO RESERVE EARLY.
- Dog sledding is a sport and requires some physical exertion.
- Expectant mothers cannot participate.
- Children 3-11 will ride with the guide.
- 3 years old minimum.
- Minimum 14 years old and 90 lbs/41 kg to drive.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs/113 kg.
Know before you go:
- Guests should be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- Please dress appropriately for dogsledding. Ask if you are unsure or see our What to wear section.
Additional information :
- Our base is 45 minutes from Tremblant ski resort. Approximately a 2h30 drive from Montreal and Ottawa.
- Duration: Approximately 1h on the trails.
- If you are doing the activity with friends or family, please book all under 1 reservation for the total amount of participants. This assures you will be placed together in sleds.
- Dog sledding is a sport and requires some physical exertion. Drivers will need to run alongside the sled to help the dogs on occasion.
- Our dogsledding activity fills up weeks in advance for holiday weeks (Christmas, President’s Week, School Breaks) and weekends. Make sure to reserve early.
- For guests who choose to reserve in advance (recommended), directions to meeting points will be provided in your reservation by email. Otherwise, directions will be handed to you when you reserve at The Activity Centre.
- Prices do not include taxes or mandatory resort royalty of 3% and may be subject to change without notice.