Welcome to our family dogsledding trip. At the start of this adventure, you will be greeted directly at our kennel where you can visit over 60 Siberian husky dogs. Before hitting the trail your guide will help you harness the huskies (except for the 10h30 departure), learn your dogs’ names and give you some security tips and simple instructions on how to drive your dog team through winding forest trails suitable for everyone.
Unforgettable and unique experience
Before the departure, the adults will be teamed up. Our guides will decide positions on the sleds. (If you have a particular position request please make it known to our guide when you arrive). There will be one driver and one or two passengers per sled. Adults will usually, but not always, drive their own dog sled with an adult passenger. Passengers and drivers can switch places half way through the excursion.
We will take a break half way in a shack to warm up next to the fire and to taste some homemade traditional desserts and a hot chocolat. Then, back at the kennel, you will have time to pet the dogs and reward them with some cookies! You will also visit the kennel and the puppies (seasonal). A special time spent with the pack!
At the end of the activity, a hot bowl of soup will be served (tomato and vegetables or chicken noodle soup) as you warm up next to the fireplace. It’s an unforgettable, unique experience. Make sure to bring your camera!
Safety, ethics, and animal health information for our operation: Read about our operating standards and Code of ethics.
Know before you book:
OUR DOG SLEDDING FILLS UP WEEKS IN ADVANCE FOR HOLIDAY WEEKS (Christmas, President’s Week, School Breaks) AND WEEKENDS. MAKE SURE TO RESERVE EARLY.
- Dogsledding is a sport. Participants will be active during the ride.
- This activity requires some physical exertion.
- Minimum 2 participants.
- No expectant mothers.
- Minimum 2 years old to be a passenger.
- Children may be required to ride as passengers on the guides’ sleds or ride on parents sled.
- Children 4 years old and under will be with a guide and a family member.
- Participants over 240lbs please indicate weight in the comments section of the reservation form.
Know before you go :
- Please dress appropriately for dogsledding. Ask if you are unsure or see our What to wear section.
Additional information :
- Our base is 30 minutes from Tremblant Resort. We are situated less than a 2-hour drive from Montreal and Ottawa.
- Duration: Approximately 1h15 on the trails, including 15 minutes stop for hot chocolate.
- If you are doing the activity with friends or family, please book all under 1 reservation for the total amount of participants. This assures you will be placed together in sleds.
- Dog sledding is a sport and requires some physical exertion. Drivers will need to run alongside the sled to help the dogs on occasion.
- Cantine on site ($).
- For guests who choose to reserve in advance (recommended), directions to meeting points will be provided in your reservation by email. Otherwise, directions will be handed to you when you reserve at The Activity Centre.
- Prices do not include taxes or mandatory resort royalty of 3% and may be subject to change without notice.